ID Theft Recovery
Strait View Credit Union offers members Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery services. If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, simply let us know.
How it works
If you believe you have become a victim of identity theft we will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate. You do not have to confirm identity theft before seeking assistance. Your Recovery Advocate, depending on your identity fraud event, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate).
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Write letters and make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information.
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents.
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals.
- Provide follow-up for 12 months after recovery has been achieved.
- In addition, this service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) at Strait View Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, etc.
- Plus, these services extend to cover up to 3 generations of family!*
Lost Document Replacement
If important documents are lost or stolen, your Recovery Advocate will work with you to obtain replacements for the missing documentation.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance** – $25,000 limit
This benefit covers out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the recovery of your identity, such as attorney’s fees, lost wages, and more. Please visit our website for details, including Evidence of Coverage.
Bureau Credit Monitoring Entitlement
In order to provide this service we must have your email address on file.
Credit monitoring can provide protection against identity theft by keeping you informed of changes to your credit file. Receive alerts within 24 hours of new activity such as credit inquiries, new credit lines, derogatory credit, name and address changes…to name a few. Your Recovery Advocate is available to help you if you have questions on any of the alerts you may receive. Actively monitoring your credit file this will ensure any credit related identity theft event is recognized and, with the help of your Recovery Advocate, handled quickly and effectively.
The entitlement applies to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file. You may choose whether or not you use this entitlement to obtain the credit monitoring service. There is no cost to you for taking advantage of this offer either now or in the future.
NOTE: YOU MUST FOLLOW AN EASY ACTIVATION PROCESS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE BENEFITS OF CREDIT MONITORING IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS, YOUR CREDIT WILL NOT BE MONITORED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ALERTS.
When you become eligible for this service, you will receive an email from our partner company providing instructions for activation, or you may contact us for more information.
- Terms and Conditions of Group Identity Theft Detection and Recovery Services
- Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage
These changes allow us to keep providing the highest quality services to you, and we thank you for your continued business!
* Family coverage extends to named account holders, their spouse or domestic partner, dependents up to age 25 with the same permanent residence address as the account holder, including students and military, and parents of the account holder living at the same address as the account holder, or living in elder care (hospice, assisted living, nursing home). Benefits extend up to 12 months after death for all covered members.
** Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available to residents of NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.