Help Keep Your Identity & Financial Information Secure
Data breaches are becoming increasingly common across different industries. Unfortunately, they can lead to identity theft and other types of fraud which can take significant effort to address. If you are a victim of a data breach, taking these steps now can help you identify and resolve issues quickly.
Check your credit report
- Members can sign up for free Credit Monitoring if you have a checking account with us. If you have only a savings you can opt in to get the full protection program offered. https://straitviewcuactivate.merchantsinfo.com/default.aspx
- Contact the major credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) and place a fraud alert in your name, so you will be alerted if someone tries to open an account in your name.
- Check your credit report for suspicious activity like new accounts, loans or credit cards opened in your name.
- A free report is available once a year at annualcreditreport.com , This link will trigger a popup message..
How to secure your Strait View account
- Change your Strait View Credit Union online Virtual Branch Security Code and Challenge questions.
- If you aren’t already enrolled in Strait View Credit Union Virtual Banking E Statements, you can sign up today to reduce paper statements sent to you in the mail. You can sign up securely by visiting our website wwsvcu.com and choose the button on top right corner “Virtual Branch”
Online banking users can set up alerts that notify you when transactions take place or if account
- In online banking, navigate to “Settings”; “Security and Alerts”; and then click “alert” button. You will receive multiple options for alerts such as large withdrawal, low balance, and transfer alerts.
Mobile app users can set up alerts to receive notifications on their mobile device.
- In the mobile app, click on the Quick Links at bottom of screen “Manage Alerts”
- Select “Push notifications” from the Alerts menu.
- Turn on any alert options including low balance, large withdrawal, or balance transfer in the Virtual Branch from our website.
- If you are a Victim of Identity theft- If you have been a member of Strait View Credit Union and pay the $3 @ month Security Fee through your Checking account, you are covered by best-in-class Identity Theft Recovery. A dedicated Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to perform all of the tasks necessary to restore your identity in order to ensure any identified fraudulent activity is addressed and resolved. Call Strait View Credit Union (360)452-3883 and ask for us to file a Identity Theft Case for you.